Relationships and Sex Education and Health Education
Relationships and Sex Education and Health Education is based on the Catholic Framework and revolves around the sanctity of love and marriage. As children move through the school their relationship and health education is geared to their stage of development, allowing the children to develop a growing awareness of themselves, their place in society and their relationships with others.
The school follows the following schemes : 'A Journey in Love'.
Aims of the Scheme
- To encourage pupils’ growth in self-respect, acknowledging we are all created in the image and likeness of God
- To help pupils develop an understanding that love is the central basis of relationships
- To help pupils to understand the nature of relationships and to encourage them to reflect on their own relationships and respect differences between people.
- To develop pupils’ confidence in talking, listening and thinking about feelings and relationships.
- To help pupils acquire the skills necessary to develop and sustain relationships
- To ensure that pupils protect themselves and ask for help and support when needed.
- To ensure that pupils are prepared for puberty.
- To help pupils to develop a healthy lifestyle.
- To prepare pupils to play an active role as citizens and to understand the Catholic vision of what it means to be citizens of the Kingdom/reign of God
Please click on the links below to view the Parent Overview and the unit for each Year Group
Relationship Education and Health Education