SS John & Monica’s Catholic Primary School
Chantry Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8DW
Tel: 0121 464 5868 Website: www.stjonmon.bham.sch.uk
SENCo and Inclusion Lead /PPA Teacher (TLR2a) (Main Scale/UPS/Full time/Part Time)
- Required for September 2021
- Not suitable for NQTs
‘Behaviour of pupils is outstanding’ – Ofsted June 2018
Section 48 RE Inspection – Overall Effectiveness Outstanding Nov 2018
The Governors of this successful and popular school wish to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated SENDCO who is passionate about delivering the best possible outcomes for children with additional needs. This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher who is interested in further developing the SEND provision across the school as well as their own professional development.
This is a permanent, full time position (part time would be considered) for SENco and PPA cover teacher.
Starting Salary dependent on experience of the successful candidate.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a practising Catholic with a firm commitment to the Catholic ethos of the school
- Is an excellent teacher with passion and high interest in SEND
- Who has or is willing to train towards the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination (as a school we will support this)
- Has a keen interest in the SEND code of practice alongside the necessary experience to be responsible for the SEND provision across the school
- Is willing to build strong and supportive relationships working in partnership with pupils, parents, support agencies, governors and staff to ensure the best outcomes for our SEND pupils
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and can demonstrate effective teamwork/collaboration to embed and implement effective intervention strategies to raise the attainment of all pupils
- Will become fully involved in the wider life of the school
We can offer you:
- A happy, caring school with a strong Catholic ethos
- A supportive Governing Body and Senior Management Team who are committed to maintaining high standards
- Children who love to come to school, are engaged in their learning and have excellent behaviour
- An opportunity to join a highly effective and hardworking team of teachers and support staff who are committed to the school and the children who come here
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
Visits to the school are strongly recommended.
To make an appointment please contact the school office on 0121 464 5868.
Application Packs are available on the School Website (www.stjonmon.bham.sch.uk Current Vacancies) or we will send them by email to interested candidates.
Closing Date for Applications: 10th March 2021 (12pm)
Shortlisting: 12th March 2021
Interviews: 26th March 2021
SS John & Monica’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff are expected to share this commitment. All appointments made will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references, receipt of an enhanced DBS Check and the necessary identity and right to work checks being made.
Salary: Salary dependent on experiene
Closing Date: 10 March 2021, 2.12pm
Interview Date: 26 March 2021